Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Staying Strong

We had our weekly appointment with Dr. Haeri today and Emma is doing just fabulous! Her heart and other organs are still very strong, and the shunts are still working great. The fluid around her has gone down as well, which means I am finally off bed rest! I still have to "take it easy", but I am very excited that I can hold my 11-month old daughter, Laney! Because Emma is in such great shape, there isn't a need to rush the steroid shot yet. We are going to let Emma's lungs continue to grow on their own and in a few weeks we will discuss the shot again. While I was on bed rest, I developed a lump in my right foot and thigh. Dr. Haeri is only concerned about the one in my foot, and he believes it is a clot in one of my artificial veins, so he had me get my blood drawn for testing. The main thing they want to see is if my body is prone to blood clots, and if so, I will have to start taking blood thinners. This is a pretty minor thing, but please just pray that it doesn't turn into anything else.

I know a lot of our friends and family have shared Emma's story, so if you are reading this and you don't believe in God or even miracles, you have many reasons to believe now! The fact that Emma is doing so well is a miracle in itself. God has given us peace from the moment we learned about Emma's hydrops, and He has been so faithful in answering our prayers. Thank you again, from the bottom of our hearts, for praying for our family! I wish I could thank each of you in person, but please know I have thanked God many times for all of you that are praying for us.

2 comments:

  1. It is such a joy to read your update on Emma Grace! Giving thanks also for your ability to be off bed rest! We continue to pray for Emma and for you, particularly this new development that is being tested. Thank you so much for keeping us updated!
    Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fabulous news, Candace! Thanks for sharing and we will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete